We build partnerships with independent schools, colleges, and universities that host Horizons programs, along with the public schools whose students these programs serve. Partnerships with community organizations deepen the impact of a program by broadening the range of local support.
To serve more children, we:
- Work with prospective host school leadership to determine if they are likely candidates for a Horizons program
- Conduct community due diligence to gain a better understanding of a region’s education landscape, and begin conversations with local community organizations and school districts to build awareness of and support for Horizons
- Work with local contacts to identify individuals, foundations, and corporations that may be interested in supporting the launch of a new Horizons program.
Once a school signs up, Horizons National provides guidance every step of the way, including:
- Launch funding development
- Executive Director and specialized staff training
- Strategic planning and consulting
- Guidance on developing key relationships in target schools and communities