Through decades of experience, we’ve found certain elements are essential:
- An independent school, college, or university with facilities, resources, and desire to support a program for the long-term
- A philanthropic community interested in closing opportunity and achievement gaps
- Advocates within the host school to support the exploratory process
Learn more about hosting a Horizons program:
Is Horizons the right program?
The first step is to schedule an introductory phone call or meeting to answer your questions and learn more about your school. After that, we’ll share more information, including our Affiliate Guidelines, and help you through the next steps:
- Forming an exploratory committee with board, parent, and staff representation to advise on the feasibility of Horizons at your school
- Scheduling a summer site visit and/or attending the Horizons Annual Conference
How does Horizons National help?
While the process and timing varies for every school, the Horizons National Affiliate Relations Team will work with your school every step of the way, from the moment you first consider a Horizons program, to the day students arrive, and beyond. These steps may include:
- Launch funding
- Executive Director and specialized staff training
- Strategic planning and consulting
- Guidance on developing key relationships in target schools and communities
- Assistance with identifying and cultivating prospective affiliate partners