Development & Marketing Coordinator, Horizons at St. Richard's Episcopal School (IN)
Horizons at St. Richard’s Episcopal School
Full-Time Development & Marketing Coordinator
Horizons at St. Richard’s Episcopal School is a full-day summer program, with some quarterly programming offered throughout the traditional school year, designed to inspire curiosity and deep engagement with learning for students from low-income families in Indianapolis. Our program embraces project-based learning, classroom time, field trips, enrichment activities, community building and a small group setting (15 students per grade level) to encourage students to learn and grow. Horizons’ hands-on approach creates an environment that fosters a love of learning and the academic and social skills essential to becoming responsible citizens. We are a family of committed learners - our program has an 80%+ student return rate and a 94% daily attendance rate. Horizons also works to build healthy minds and healthy bodies, so our program is teaching students how to swim. Learning to swim not only builds physical confidence, but also academic and social/emotional confidence!
We are looking for a dedicated, creative-thinking Development & Marketing Coordinator to provide support to the Executive Director. In partnership with the Executive Director, the Coordinator is our chief storyteller and relationship manager. The Coordinator collects and packages heartfelt success stories and visual images to help identify, cultivate and solicit major annual gift support. The coordinator directs and administers all aspects of communications and annual giving to include: social media, direct mail, donor database management, gift processing and accounting,special events, donor recognition and stewardship, and corporate support.
The Development and Marketing Coordinator is a full-time salaried position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the development of donor messaging and communications for key audiences including: individual donors, corporations and philanthropic foundations. Ensure messaging is consistent and compelling across mediums – stories, emails, appeals, grant proposals, event promotions, social media posts and more.
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director and Development Committee to create and execute a robust stewardship and communication plan to ensure donors stay up-to-date and engaged in key organizational happenings.
- Lead planning efforts for Horizons two main fundraising events, Trivia Night and Horizons Giving Day, and any future events, including event coordination and management, sponsorship solicitation, and event marketing and promotion.
- Manage the organizational grants calendar and ensure the maintenance of current records, including contact management, grant tracking and reporting.
- Process all gifts and ensure donors are thanked in a timely manner.
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director and Development Committee to institute tools, metrics and annual goals for evaluating and reporting on donor engagement and the efficacy of various efforts.
- Remain up-to-date in industry best practice and leading efforts for engaging and communicating with donors of all types.
- Represent Horizons at various community events to raise awareness, recruit teachers, students and volunteers and to identify potential program partners or sponsors.
- Assist the Executive Director in planning, coordinating and implementing year-round family program events (i.e. Middle School night, holiday dinner).
- Bachelor's degree or comparable experience, plus a minimum of two years of experience in a fundraising role.
- Effective interpersonal, conversational and presentation skills, demonstrating emotional intelligence, situational awareness, excellent writing abilities and strong case development and pitching skills.
- Proven expertise in developing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse individuals, including those served through the program, executives, leadership volunteers and wealthy donors, as well as internal stakeholders and leadership.
- The selected individual should enjoy problem solving, think strategically and creatively, and take initiative with good follow through.
- Team player, able to check ego at the door, with an ability to collaborate effectively with Horizons and St. Richard’s students and families, board members, faculty and staff, and volunteers for successful achievement of position and ability to meet goals.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with no administrative support.
- Must be highly organized and able to effectively manage multiple projects and competing priorities with professionalism and grace. Must keep good documentation through contact reports and activity tracking.
- Demonstrated drive to achieve agreed upon goals within agreed upon timeframes.
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to the attention of
Shanna Martin, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.