Advancement and Outreach Coordinator, Horizons of Kent and Queen Anne's (MD)
Horizons of Kent and Queen Anne’s has an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional as the organization’s part-time Advancement and Outreach Coordinator.
Horizons of Kent and Queen Anne’s, a non-profit organization and an affiliate of Horizons National, provides a transformational program proven to close the opportunity and achievement gaps for low-income children. Horizons offers high-quality learning experiences outside of the traditional school year that support academic achievement and healthy youth development.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for an individual who is looking to improve our community and gain experience with an established non-profit organization. We are looking for someone who is committed to our mission and the community, organized, likes people, and can work both independently and as part of a team.
Responsibilities include working closely with the Executive Director to complete the following tasks:
- Coordinate projects and initiatives to advance our mission
- Track and respond to all donations and inquiries
- Identify and steward current and future donors
- Research and prepare grant applications and reports
- Plan and execute fundraising solicitations and events
- Manage program and donor databases
- Manage and update social media presence and online giving campaigns
- Conduct research and prepare materials for meetings
- Track and manage correspondence, materials, and records
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- 5+ years of fundraising, event planning, or customer service experience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical and computer skills
- MS Office Suite
- Constant Contacts
- Go Daddy Website Builder
- Valid driver’s license
- College degree preferred
Horizons of Kent & Queen Anne’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a background check in accordance with the requirements of the State of Maryland.
To apply, please send your resume and three references with a cover letter to email@example.com or Horizons of Kent and Queen Anne’s, 116 B S. Lynchburg St., Chestertown, MD 21620.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.