Manager, Network Growth and Sustainability - Horizons National
Please click here for the full position listing, including ideal candidate qualifications.
Position Title: Manager, Network Growth and Sustainability
Direct Supervisor: Director of Expansion
Employment Type: Full-Time Exempt (40 hours/week)
Position Posted On: November 10, 2022
Salary Range: $50,000-$65,000
Applications Due By: December 1, 2022
Location: Organization Headquartered in Westport, CT / Remote / Hybrid Work Schedule
Position Start Date: As soon as filled
About Horizons National
At Horizons National, we have two primary roles: to expand the Network and to support and provide quality assurance to affiliates. The Horizons National staff is lean and motivated by our mission, working collaboratively across teams to ensure that we achieve our goals. Each staff member contributes their unique strengths to the organization and has continued opportunities to learn, share ideas, take innovative risks, and think strategically. Often, as staff members expand their skills over time, their roles may evolve. Just as we work to ensure caring, welcoming environments for Horizons students, we also prioritize the well-being of our National staff - offering flexible work schedules, generous benefits packages, remote work options, various communication channels, and opportunities to connect with colleagues both during and outside of work hours.
The Manager, Network Growth and Sustainability (NGSM) is a key member of the Growth and Sustainability Team and works with the Director of Expansion and the Executive Vice President (EVP) to support growth of the Horizons Network and help identify new opportunities for more students to participate in Horizons programs. This primarily administrative role is responsible for external communications, resource development, and Salesforce data collection related to expansion, with opportunities for professional growth within the organization. The person in this position tracks host school prospect progress towards becoming a site or an affiliate, helps research new partner communities and funding opportunities, coordinates site visits and presentations to attract new prospects or funders, and helps coordinate the services provided by HN when launching new programs. The Manager, Network Growth and Sustainability works alongside the Director of Expansion and EVP to support affiliates through challenges and transitions. The NGSM will also help plan the HN National Conference, track summer site visits, and participate in other projects as needed.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Use Salesforce to track expansion prospects and support data system needs.
- Maintain Expansion Pipeline and prospect contact information for outreach.
- Work with the Director of Expansion and Horizons National Marketing and Communications staff on quarterly prospect newsletter and other communications targeting school partner prospects.
- Collaborate with all Horizons National departments to ensure that new sites receive all necessary training, materials, and resources.
- Support affiliate financial analysis working closely with the Data Team to collect information from affiliates and conduct analysis.
- Coordinate and track summer site visits and conduct end of summer site visit data analysis.
- Maintain schedule and agenda for Regional Community of Practice meetings.
- Conduct research in priority communities to identify partnerships, resources, and growth opportunities.
- Identify events, conferences, and membership associations where Horizons National can connect with potential partners.
- Maintain the Growth and Sustainability team’s master calendar, keeping track of conference, funder, and other key deadlines and dates.
- Work with the EVP to track and distribute expansion funding, including launch funding and contracts with new sites.
- Under the guidance of the EVP and Director of Expansion, provide support to pilot programs and special growth initiatives as needed.
- Support Affiliate Board Council by maintaining contact lists, creating and distributing materials, and taking notes at meetings.
- Assist with Horizons National Conference planning as needed.
- Maintain agenda for Affiliate Support Group team meetings.
- Provide administrative support to the EVP and Director of Expansion as needed.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary $50,000-$65,000
- Paid Time Off
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- 401k with Company Contribution
- Paid Holidays
- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability and Personal Leave
- Telecommuting Opportunities and Flexible Work Schedules
- Professional Development
- Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
- Selected applicants will be contacted by the Hiring Manager, Alison Marcell, to set up an interview.
- Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis and may include both phone and in person interviews with one or more Horizons National staff members.
- Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- People of color and members of other historically excluded groups are welcome, and encouraged, to apply.
Thank you for your interest in Horizons!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.