Development Database Manager - Horizons National
Title: Development Database Manager
Reports to: Associate Vice President, Institutional Giving
Please click here to view the full position listing, including ideal candidate qualifications.
The Database Manager leads SalesForce data entry and reporting and ensures data integrity to support high- quality development activities and relationship management. Additionally, the Manager provides scheduling and associated administrative support for the five-person Development team. The Manager is a self-starter who supports the organization-wide priority of continuous improvement, identifying workflow and task improvement opportunities, and ideally suggests improvements to boost departmental and organization capacity. The Manager is a highly collaborative role and is responsible for revenue reconciliation with the finance department, execution support for Horizons Giving Day, support for year-round donor communication, and stewardship activities and events. This role reports to the Associate Vice President, Institutional Giving.
As Horizons National embarks on an ambitious and rapid growth trajectory, a self-starter donor database and analysis leader will be critical to the organization’s fundraising team.
- Manage and ensure prompt and high-quality donor gift entry into the Salesforce system, tracking gifts through various sources to be monitored daily, including:
- High-volume gift entry
- Acknowledgement and data analysis during Horizons Giving Day
- All online fundraising events and other high-volume giving seasons
- Serve as primary team resource for Salesforce integrity, reporting and data analysis.
- Prepare weekly revenue reports and update revenue dashboard.
- Reconcile Salesforce gift data with Finance / Operations team.
- Follow and recommend updates to Salesforce system.
- Document any updated duty-specific processes and protocols.
- Data Integrity, analysis, and reconciliation of gifts with the finance office
- Support the Development team by logging donor stewardship and cultivation activities into Salesforce records
- Receive, book, and monitor annual pledges from campaign donors and the Board of Directors
- Identify efficiencies for donor management within SalesForce system
- Conduct prospect research and develop research profiles for individuals and institutional donors and prospects
- Provide presentations, reports, and data to support the Development team
- Prepare solicitation presentations, packages, and mailings
- Manage special event logistics, virtual and in person (cultivation events)
- Assist and coordinate the online giving platform for Horizons Giving Day and the execution of peer-to-peer fundraising
- Prepare, circulate, and revise donor data lists for cultivation, planning, and recognition purposes
- Maintain department meeting schedule
- Provide administrative support as needed, for the Development team
- Provide administrative support to the CEO, and SVP of Development, as needed
- Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and respond to questions via this link
- No phone calls please
- Selected applicants will be contacted by Hiring Manager to set up an interview
- Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis and may include phone or video, with one or more Horizons National staff members
- Questions may be directed to email@example.com
- People of color and members of other historically excluded groups are welcome, and encouraged, to apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.